- This event has passed.
CORD Event at Cape Cod Community College
March 8, 2015 @ 1:30 pm - 4:30 pm
“Alzheimer’s From The Inside” will be the subject of a comprehensive forum 1:30 p.m., Sunday, March 8, at Cape Cod Community College’s Tilden Arts Center. Proceeds will benefit the Cape Organization for Rights of the Disabled (CORD).
The forum, moderated by Ed Lambert, WXTK radio talk show host, includes:
· Greg O’Brien, author of On Pluto: Inside the Mind of Alzheimer’s; O’Brien was diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer’s in 2009.
· David Shenk, national bestselling author of five books, including The Forgetting, adapted to a primetime Emmy-award winning PBS documentary.
· Dr. Barry Conant, Mr. O’Brien’s personal physician and family practitioner with Brewster Medical.
· Dr. Molly Purdue of the Alzheimer’s Family Caregivers Support Center of Brewster.
· Cindy McCormick, award-winning health/medical writer at the Cape Cod Times.
· Dr. Sergio Marini, chairman of the Department of Psychology at Cape Cod Community College.
· Conor O’Brien, Mr. O’Brien’s son and associate.
The Cape Organization for Rights of the Disabled (CORD) has been aggressively working since 1984 to advance the independence, productivity, and integration of people with disabilities into mainstream society.